Date: Sat, 30 October 2021
Time: 1:00pm to 2:00pm
Join us for a joint session with a medical doctor and dental specialist from Raffles Medical Group and learn more about the control and prevention of diabetes together with the link between diabetes and oral health.
Attendees will also get 15% off Raffles Health supplements with a promo code shared during the session!
1) All about Diabetes
Speaker: Dr. Michelle Cheung
Diabetes Mellitus accounts for 10% of the disease burden in Singapore. The number of diabetics is on the rise…it is estimated to surpass 1 million by 2050!
Knowing this condition exists isn’t enough. How do you overcome it?
Come and join this webinar with our health experts from Raffles Medical Group for the ultimate dietary guidelines for Diabetes.
- An overview of Diabetes Mellitus in Singapore
- The causes & complications of Diabetes
- General approach to managing Diabetes
2) Diabetes and Oral Health
Speaker: Dr. Heng
Do you know that gum disease is common in diabetes? Learning proper diabetic control can help improve gum disease, while gum treatment can also help improve diabetic control.
- How does diabetes affect my oral health?
- What are the risk factors and symptoms?
- Taking control with proper oral hygiene
Dr Michelle Cheung is a Senior Physician at Raffles Medical Group with over 10 years of experience in General Practice. She has clinical interests in Women’s Health, Acute and Chronic Disease Management as well as Preventive Medicine. Dr Cheung is an active medical volunteer for the Asian Medical Foundation and appears regularly as a guest speaker for many large corporate and public health events.
Dr. Heng is a gum specialist based at Raffles Hospital. There is close relationship of oral health with systemic diseases and she loves to work with her patients in a holistic approach to attain overall dental health.
This session is conducted in Partnership with:
Keep track of all upcoming free sessions easily using Telegram!
Find out more: https://www.ulive.sg/index.php/activities-a-events/1100-top-telegram-channels-you-should-follow
Our very own SG Active Agers channel – the first Telegram channel in Singapore that is specially curated for active agers. Keep yourself up to date with relevant promotions, discounts, news and events. Join now!
Terms & Conditions
- Participants must not be suffering from any medical condition, illness, disease, mental illness or physical/psychological impairment.
- NTUC U Live and its agent reserved the right to change the content of the event with or without prior notice.
- Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis only.
- All registered participants for this event will be contacted via email for further confirmation of their particulars and other reservation details.